Loans by division
In the course of recent years we have diversified our loan book to balance corporate and retail loans.
- In wholesale banking our group is focused on large corporates. International operations now account for half of our total loan book.
- The loan book is diversified by sector of activity, and reflects a gradual reduction in loan concentration.
- We do not have operations in FICC business (fixed-income, currencies and commodities), which is currently undergoing global restructuring, nor in problem areas such as small Italian businesses, the shipping market and property development.
- 50% of large corporate loans related to foreign customers.
- Some 56% of our consumer credit loans consist of personal loans.
- The loan book is granular, with average expiry at 24 months.
LOANS BY DIVISION
(September 2019, in billion euros)