MEDIOBANCA GROUP APPROACH
- In June 2017 our Chief Executive Officer was mandated by the Board of Directors to take direct responsibility for group sustainability, supported by a Sustainability management Committe made up of key people within Mediobanca and a Group Sustainability Unit.
- To define its commitment in this area, the Board approved a Sustainability Policy to add to the group’s existing Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct.
- In September 2019, a Corporate Social Responsibility Committee was set up with responsibility for prior analysis of sustainability issues to be submitted to the Board of Directors.
- In our Sustainability Policy, we identified five priority areas for the Group: tackling bribery and corruption; human rights; diversity and equal opportunities; environmental protection; and responsible investing.
- The Policy, based on the main international declarations and regulation relating to these areas, helps us to constantly improve business conduct to ensure that sustainability is an integral part of our strategy and operations.
- As a Group, we seek to play an active role in our communities. For this reason we have identified three areas in which we are actively committed:
- - Environment and territory
- Culture, research and innovation
- Social inclusion
- As well as the areas themselves, we have also set out selection criteria to help us choose which projects to support and promote.